Sports Premium Funding
As you may be aware, in April 2013 the Government announced £150 million worth of school funding for Physical Education (PE) and sport as part of the ‘Olympic Legacy’. It is intended that the funding be used to improve the quality of PE and sport provision in all state schools.
Click here to find out how our school has benefitted.
Our spending focus has been in the following areas:
- To facilitate membership of the North Somerset Sports Partnership, thus enabling us access to inter-school competitions and events in North Somerset and the South West.
- To expand our staff capacity to provide ‘teacher time’ for PE leadership and increased attendance at competitive and non-competitive sporting events.
- To provide transport for attendance at competitive and non-competitive sporting events.
- To enable pupils to access swimming lessons for 4 years throughout Key Stage 2, thus providing an opportunity for good progression in learning for this life-skill.
- To further develop staff skills in dance and gymnastics and purchase related resources.
To see how we intend to spend the 2016/17 allocation please click on this link.