Welcome to the Flax Bourton School Association page
FORTHCOMING EVENTS AND NEWS
Events for your diary: – Tickets for all events listed are available on the FBSA website
Flax Got Talent – showcase your talents and you could walk away with the Flax Got Talent Trophy deadline for submissions 20th January for more information click the link – FLAXGOTTALENT
Cake Sales 2016/17 – Cake sales for school year 2016/17 are below, put the dates in your diaries.
- Oak – 25th November 2016 – raised over £120!
- Beech – 3rd Feb 2017
- Willow – 31st March 2017
- Maple – 28th April 2017
- Chestnut – 26th May 2017
What and who are the FBSA and what your fundraising helps to pay for.
ABOUT THE FBSA – The FBSA are a group of ‘volunteer parents’ who organise fund raising activities in order to enhance the learning experience of the children. We aim to provide the ‘extras’ that the school is unable to finance from its own budgets, and working closely with the heads we prioritise projects according to the number of children it will benefit.
Over the course of the academic year we have several items/projects that we aim to fund and provide:
- Classroom wish lists
- Contribution to school trips (for the benefit of all pupils)
- Leavers party and a leaver’s gift
- Christmas Entertainment for all pupils
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Books for the library
Plus fundraising for bigger projects – in the past the FBSA have helped to fund the development of the wildlife and conservation areas, helped purchase playground equipment, purchase a shed for the gardening club, light box, music workshops, lifebus, bug club, dance festivals and a science day. We have recently purchased ipads and through team fundraising effort to scale the three peaks have raised enough money to purchase new equipment for the computer room.
Cake Sales – Over the course of the year each year group hold their own cake sale. The proceeds from the sale are given to the class to spend on anything they choose (for example one year Chestnut cake sale raised enough money to buy a digital camera for the class). See above for planned cake sales in the 2016/17 academic year.
Ice Cream sales – run from end of May right up until the end of term 6 (weather dependent). They are a popular/much looked forward to event on a Friday straight after school with pupils and teachers alike.
Easyfundraising – Register with Easyfundraising to help raise money for the school from the comfort of your armchair! Find out more
We are very keen to raise as much money as possible for the school and in particular for our children. We have lots of ideas for fun events for both the children and parents, but need your continued support if we are to be successful in our aims.
Although much of the organisation will be done by the Committee and Classroom Reps, we need extra hands to set up, run and clear up after the various events. Many hands make light work as they say!
If you would like to help out or have a fundraising idea you would like to tell us about, please get in touch with any of the committee members or Classroom Reps or why not come along to one of our FBSA meetings which take place at the beginning of each month. Our next meeting will take place Tuesday 29th November at the Jubilee in Flax Bourton.
Agendas and minutes from current and previous FBSA month and AGM Meetings
Below you will find a list of recent and previous minutes, agendas and AGM notes.
- FBSA Meeting Minutes – 04.10.16
- FBSA Meeting Minutes – 30.05.16
- FBSA Meeting Minutes – 30.03.16
- FBSA Meeting Minutes – 29.02.16
- FBSA Meeting Minutes – 12.01.16
- FBSA Meeting Minutes – 17.11.15
- FBSA Meeting Agenda – 4.10.16
- FBSA Meeting Agenda – 13.9.16
- FBSA Meeting Agenda – 3.5.16
- FBSA Meeting Agenda – 30.3.16
- FBSA Meeting Agenda – 29.2.16
- FBSA AGM AGENDA 28 January 2015
- FBSA Chairmans Report 28.1.15
- FBSA Chairmans Report 3.4.14
- Minutes of the FBSA AGM held on 5th March 2014
- FBSA Newsletter Sept 2016
- FBSA Newsletter Mar 2016
- FBSA Newsletter Dec 2015
- Fundraising Newsletter 2015
Year End Accounts
Our latest year end accounts can be read here.
Meet the Committee Members
Chair – Lisa Campbell
Treasurer – Donna Druce
Secretary – Sally James
- Chestnut – Rebecca Cordina and Amanda May
- Maple – Anna Gravelle and Monica Ogborne
- Willow – Julie Stephens
- Beech year 3 – Sally-Ann Parry
- Beech year 4 – Sarah Manning
- Oak year 5 – Carmen Meira-Garcia
- Oak year 6 – Anna Andrews