Jane Bennett leads our school as Headteacher, working closely with Leanne Gregory, Deputy Headteacher.
At Flax the whole team is passionate about learning and providing personalised opportunities for individuals to flourish and grow. As colleagues in an established staff team we bring a considerable range of experience and expertise. We share the same values and philosophy on learning, whilst offering individual flair and diverse skills to compliment the team.
We believe the leadership role is to inspire in others a passion for learning and a desire to achieve excellence.
The years that children spend in primary school are very important. They provide the foundation for the children’s future education and influence their attitudes to learning.
Our Vision is to be a school which provides excellent educational opportunities within the context of a happy family atmosphere rooted in Christian values. To achieve its aims, Flax Bourton Church of England Primary School will:
- provide a safe, stimulating, caring environment for learning and play;
- provide pupils with a balanced education covering the National Curriculum;
- motivate pupils to achieve high standards in everything they do;
- involve the parents in decisions on their child’s education.
Our pupils are encouraged:
- to reach their full potential in all areas of the curriculum;
- to accept personal responsibility and to have respect for themselves and others;
- to involve themselves fully in school life;
- to enjoy their time at school.
Flax Bourton Church of England Primary School actively encourages the spiritual and social development of all its pupils. Our approach and worship reflect the principles of the Church of England, to which we are linked at diocesan and parish levels. We recognise and respect other religions.